7/03/2024

We Went to See the Vancouver Whitecaps. We Tried that Is

I bought three tickets for the Vancouver Whitecaps v. St. Louis SC (MLS) for June 29, Saturday. When we arrived at B.C. Place Stadium, a dozen workers waved a warning sign at me. One cannot have a bag larger than five by eight. The dozen workers had signs to explain visually how big that is, five by eight. Five by eight is wallet size. My camera bag was deemed too large. My wife's backpack with our passports and documents was definitely too large. Here was the solution -- we could pay ten dollars to leave our passports and documents hanging on a rod outside of B.C. Place. I pointed out there was no notification on the tickets about this rule. "It is on the Vancouver Whitecaps' website" was the reply.  



My wife decided to go to a coffee shop. She opted out as she figured it was not worth it to leave our passports and documents dangling on a rod outside. Actually, I thought we would all leave, but she said she did not care, which was mostly true. She wanted my daughter and I to go. 

When we entered B.C. Place Stadium, I was asked about why there wasn't a third person. We had three tickets, you see. I told the woman checking the tickets the bs with the bags. She grimaced. Since then, I have received an email from the Vancouver Whitecaps asking me to confirm that it was a wonderful experience. This question was even asked: "Do you go to see the Vancouver Whitecaps as a way of family bonding?" Well, we were thinking about that, until the Vancouver Whitecaps broke up the plan. 

I went out at just before the game versus St. Louis SC started. My daughter wanted blue cotton candy. The sign gang was lingering inside the stadium now. They looked tired out. They looked like they did not give a crap about soccer. Ruining other people's day was the idea. They were on to that and it had invigorated them. 

No comments:

Constance Collier, Osoyoos, B.C.

I looked up Constance Collier (1878-1955). Born in Windsor, England, Collier was "known to be very tall with a big personality." S...