1/28/2012

Hot Pot


I grabbed this film on my iPhone. With hot pot, you have to cook your own food. You're given a pot with a broth, in this case it was two in a divided pot (mild and spicy); then you are required to boil the ingredients yourself; my daughter was focusing on clams, shrimp and beef.

A lot of people say the best part is the dipping sauce. The key component is sand tea sauce (沙茶醬). Both my wife and I use it. My sauce is usually jazzed up with vinegar, cilantro, chives and fresh onion. My wife hates vinegar. She goes for chilis, chives, fresh onion and garlic. Taiwanese people normally opt for hot pot dinners in the winter. They say it warms the bones. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I miss hot pot. I didn't even go that often, but it was always a good time.

Patrick Cowsill said...

The tea sauce that is what puts hot pot over the top: http://twitpic.com/8jqrn4

Twisted Off said...

Loved readinng this thanks

Tropic of Cancer Taiwan

  The Provincial Highway 9 Ruishui Marker (above) marks the Tropic of Cancer, 23.5 degrees on the northern latitude, in Taiwan. The spot was...