1/04/2007

If You Build It, They Will Come?


My friend Jeff commented on the weirdness of the shot after taking it - I thought this was Taiwan? Where are the people?


High speed sink?


High speed toilet.



High speed desolation. My father-in-law, a soft-spoken Taiwanese man who has worked all over the world as a transportation/civil engineer once worked for Taiwan's high-speed railway. He quit a couple years back. When I asked him what was going down, he told me it was "messed up in eight directions."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One that that strikes me about the "High Speed Desolation" besides there not being a single passenger on the platform is the location. It's out in the middle of freakin' nowhere! SO, is there a how, a why, and a what behind the process of choosing a site. Who owns all that nice open space in the pic?
Congratulations to Jeff! You've made some great shots.

Tropic of Cancer Taiwan

  The Provincial Highway 9 Ruishui Marker (above) marks the Tropic of Cancer, 23.5 degrees on the northern latitude, in Taiwan. The spot was...